Our Annual fish show will take place on November 5th and 6th this year, and also include entries from the San Diego Killifish Group and a small Guppy Show.
An entry form for entries can be downloaded by clicking here – SDTFS Entry Form.
The Photo Gallery of the entries can be found here: 2016 November Show
The 2016 Winners can be found here: 2016 November Show Results
Potential “Plaque” Category List:
If sponsored, “plaque” categories will be awarded best, first, second, and third place. Best in category gets a plaque or other award agreed upon by the winner and show committee/board of directors. Not all listed categories will be sponsored, nor is this an all-inclusive list of potential categories. If a category is unsponsored and there are entries, it will still be judged, but no best in category award will be given.
- Mollies, Platies, Swords
- Odd Livebearers
- Old World Cats
- New World Cats
- (Option: Corydoras catfish, other catfish)
- New World Cichlids
- Old World Cichlids
- Anabantoids (not Betta Splendens)
- Betta Splendens
- Aquatic Inverts
- Aquatic Reptile/Amphibian
- Native Fish
- Marine fish
- Marine Inverts
- Marine Tank
- Novelty Tank
- Nano Tank
- Junior Entry
- President’s Choice
- Grow Out Contest
“Trophy” categories have only 1 winner in each category. The winner will be awarded a trophy or other award agreed upon by the winner and show committee/board of directors. These categories are sponsored by SDTFS.
- Aquarium Beautiful
- Best Cichlid
- People’s Choice
November Show Entry Guidelines
- Please fill out one entry form per tank, and leave it with the tank. WRITE LEGIBLY! Tank numbers will be assigned by judging team.
- List the specific entry on each line, indicating quantity in tank and which category (see list) you believe it belongs in. Not all categories are sponsored, so not all categories will be judged/win a plaque. The judging team may reassign your entries as needed.
- Fish/plants are judged individually. There are categories for complete setups.
- All fish/plant entries must be owned by, and have been in the care of, the entrant for at least 30 days prior to the show. This rule does not apply to full display entries (ie Aquarium Beautiful, Novelty tank, etc).
- Entries will be disqualified if sick, diseased, deformed, or illegal- make every effort to avoid bringing these specimens. The exception to this rule is fish purposely deformed such as fancy goldfish, balloon mollies, etc.
- If you do not list an entry on your entry form, it will not be judged. Be as accurate as possible when completing your forms!
- If a fish is not visible at the time of judging, it cannot be judged. Please keep this in mind as you are arranging your display tank.
- All tanks must have a background, lights are strongly encouraged. Please do not use a heater unless you bring an extremely sensitive species (ie Discus, marine entries, etc.). The room will be kept slightly warmer than normal for the comfort of our entries.
- Tanks must be adequately sized to comfortably house the inhabitants for the weekend. Please avoid bare tanks, the exception being killies, guppies, and bettas that are shown traditionally in small, bare tanks.
- Tear down begins at 4pm SHARP on Sunday. We must clear the room quickly to make it available for the next scheduled group.
- ALL ENTRY FORMS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 8pm FRIDAY- NO EXCEPTIONS! Setup must be complete by 10pm Friday.
- There is risk of losing specimens during the show. SDTFS is not responsible for any lost entries. Enter at your own risk.
- Tanks cannot be worked on during show hours, the exception being removal of dead specimens.
- Remember, this show is designed to showcase our organization and hobby to the public, keep this in mind as you design your entries and in your conduct during the show.
- This is not a complete list of show rules. See SDTFS by-laws for complete rules.
These Instructions can also be downloaded here – Show Entry guidelines
Photos of the 2015 Fish show entries.
Photos of the 2014 Fish show entries.
Photos of the 2013 Fish show entries.