New for 2017
As of January 2017, we are going to bring back the Breeder Award Program. The details have not been finalized, but the general overview is:
Members breed fish for points, which are accumulated to reach individual achievement levels and for annual awards. Point values for each species vary depending upon the difficulty of spawning and raising the fry. Fish that are submitted for BAP are entered into the auction at the general meetings, and the proceeds from those auction sales support the BAP.
- January 21, 2016, Saturday, 6:00 pm: Installation Dinner at the Boll Weevil, Imperial Beach
$9 for paid up members. ($6 for Juniors)
- February 26th – Tide Pools, meeting at Pet Kingdom if you wish to carpool.
- April 22nd – Stickleback trip.
- June 10th – Grunion Run – 10pm at Dog Beach in OB.
- July 16th – LFS Fest – Fountains Parking Lot 12pm-6pm
- August 20th: Swimming with the Sharks at La Jolla Shores. Meeting at 4:30pm – The location is South La Jolla Shores beach, by where the Kayaks launch.The address of the closest parking lot is: 8200 Camino Del Oro, San Diego, CA 92037.
- September 16th – Fish Tour, ending with Dinner. All food and drinks will be provided by the club and will include Pork Ribs and side dishes – (a vegetarian options will be available) – Don’t arrive before 5pm – Food at 6pm.
- November 4th & 5th Annual Aquarium Show (Set up: Nov. 2nd & 3rd)